Monday, November 23, 2009

Twilight Movie Review by Terry Kate


Alright I confess I might be having a little bit of an obsession with this film.  I truly must be in the mood for teen angst.  I mean really!  Is this a great film - shite no.  I went into watching it with low expectations even though I enjoy the actors Kristen Stewart (Bella) and and the very handsome Robert Pattinson (Edward).   So Enjoyment 5/5 Car Horns, film wise, I will be generous and give it 3/5 Car Horns.
 
Okay, sometimes the cheese factor is high, the glowing skin looked goofy.  Edwards whole I am a killer/predator speech, well rivals velveta.  So why do I love it?  I have read the first book and all I could think was that Bella was annoying in her low self esteem and well she has some whine to go with her cheese in the books.


In the movie her moments of self doubt play as cute and funny.  The make out scene is hot - in the book, "I wanted him to kiss me forever", like we have never read that line before - Not an exact quote.   Our stars have great chemistry though Robert Pattinson just makes puppy love very believable, I thought so with Cho in his role as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter, boy gets two iconic literary roles. 

I found family moments between the Cullens added to the story such as when they cook for Bella and he lets them know she already ate.  Their thunder storm baseball game, and friendly banter is a nice touch.  Their world, which Bella is entering just happens to be entirely separate from that of the other students and really, who would choose to be in high school over and over and over?


Soundtrack is a great enhancer to the movie and my fave song is actually performed by our star Rob Pattinson.  Another song in the film is actually sung by Rob's sister also.  Hot and talented, sigh.  I might have to clear my schedule and run to the movies to see New Moon tomorrow.  I have a soft spot for this boy, though I hear he is only in the film for the first 15 min or so.  I am not sure if the watching her sleep is sweet or stalker-ish.  Either way they did a great job with Bella's hair color, divine and I want. 
If you want teen love and obsession look no further.   It is all right her in the Twilight Movie.
Listing to Backseat Movie Talks radio show on the subject with author A.E. Rought here...    

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home