Friday, November 20, 2009

Hot Fuzz Rules!


I have said this before in more then one location.  Hot Fuzz is awesome.  the more I watch it the more I love it!  For real.  There are so many layers of humor going on that they are difficult to grasp the first time through.  So here is the description of the movie if you don't know.  Okay I could not find a good synopsis so just watch the Preview.



The Short Trailer
The Short Trailer

The Long Trailer


Now the Trailer makes you believe it is action packed from start to finish like an American film would be, but it is not.  I builds to a hilarious ending in the way a lot of British films do though thankfully not as slow as some.  
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost wrote it and star and make me laugh throughout.  There is not little comment that doesn't come back to be tied in and worked out - to repeat and enhance the joke.  Smart, funny, and understated. 

There is an interesting Homo-erotic element to all the films those boys write and my dad even mentioned that there is not love interest there to which I had to point out the love interest is filled by their relationship.  I can not recommend it highly enough and might even buy it myself.  It is one of the few films that if it comes on cable me and the Boyfriend never switch the channel.
Review by Terry Kate
Romance in the Backseat
http://www.romanceinthebackseat.com

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sewicked said...

My boyfriend got this movie and made me watch it. I am so glad that he did. It rocks. As you say, there are so many little elements. If you're looking for non-stop blow-em-up action, not so much.

If you're looking for a gradual build up to a crescendo of boom & surprises, then yes, go watch this movie. Turn off the computer and go watch it. Now.

I've only watched it twice so far & I need to watch again for the jokes that I missed.

November 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Terry Kate said...

Thanks for dropping in Sewicked, I watch this silly thing all the time and still find new things all the time. They are too funny!
I look forward to hearing more from you.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Terry Kate

November 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home