Saturday, September 19, 2009

WHITE OUT - Movie Review by Crymsyn Hart

I thought end of the world, I thought monsters, my boyfriend thought aliens, we were both wrong.  Terrible preview.  Crymsyn on the other hand actually saw the film and here is what she has to say. 



Snow. The first thing and the last thing I’ll say about Whiteout is snow. Lots of it and why in the world would anyone want to work in Antarctica? Yeah I guess if you’re a scientist, but I’m not much for cold.
Anywho… I’ve seen the trailers for Whiteout and I’m a Kate Beckinsale fan so I figured something alien or oogie was under the ice. My friend’s picked the movie since it was their turn in our monthly get together to go to the movies. I really had no idea what the movie was about, so I was going in blind.

Now I like Kate and I was happy to see Alex O’Laughlin in the movie since I was a huge Moonlight fan. But in my opinion, they should have stayed vampires. The movie was good, killings and such, frozen people, finger crunching amputations, and of course a quick out of focus front shot of men running out into the snow with no clothes on. I think that was one of my favorite parts even though it was brief.

Overall, the movie as an action movie was okay. Thrill/Action maybe. I’m not sure what category it goes under, but with Tom Skerritt being the villain was good. But I kinda figured that he would be.  Whiteout wouldn’t be my first choice to see this weekend, but over all I would give it a three out of five. It was entertaining for a couple of hours, but I would wait until the DVD comes out before I watch it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home