Sunday, September 27, 2009

So Slowly But Surely I Get to Review - Wanted


Last night was a BIG one for me.  I saw two films I had never seen before and took the time to actually watch them.  Instead of half listening.  Well I had a Red Bull yesterday and I was surprisingly energetic till 2 in the morning, who'da thunk?


I saw WANTED just premiering on HBO yesterday I believe.  Sex? Why yes.  Violence? Yes indeed.  Unbelievable superhuman powers given to an average "Joe"?  How did you guess? Yes again!


The Order of Assassins - a tried and true recipe for fictional fun.  Hot chicks, hot guys, hot cars, and special effects and you have WANTED.  Whether you want it or not is another question.  


So who do they kill?  Why who the thread tells them to, of course.  Oh, and by thread I mean woven pieces analyzed under a microscope for imperfections translating into binary code.  Dictated by fate and thread they go off and kill.  Do you have faith?  A true believer is a scary thing and Angelina Jolie's character Fox is a true believer.  Over all it was fun.  After that it was pretty.  Did not have the mtotally predictable strait plot line though it was by no means a surprise either.


Best part of the film is when the main character escaping his life of drudgery to go be the ubber assassin his father was, tells off his boss then takes his keyboard from his desk.  On the way to the door he uses it to smash in the face of the supposed "best friend" who had been sleeping with his girlfriend during "Dentist" appointments.  It was a nice moment.   

Overall it was a 3 1/2 tail light picture. 
Let me Know what YOU thought.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ashley Bell said...

Hi Terry,
Thanks for sharing. I went to see this with my boyfriend and we were both pretty disappointed. It took a long time to get moving and never really got momentum for us.
Fun site!
Ashley Bell

September 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Terry, I actually did like Wanted, especially the ending which was tremedously action-packed and some huge special effects. Kerry Marzock

October 2, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home